Have you ever wondered if there are any natural ways to help fight mold in your home? Well, we were curious as well so we decided to do some reasearch and we are happy to report there are indeed natural remedies to fight the mold in your home without breaking the bank or using chemicals.
These natural oils are some of the most useful ways to help fight mold.
However, always remember that first to successfully prevent mold from returning, any leaks or humidity issues must be resolved.
- Oregano – this oil inhibited the production of aflatoxin by aspergillus fungus. It is also a fantastic immune booster and cleansing agent.
- Thyme – it is one of the primary oils used to fight mold due to its cleansing and purifying effects. And an added bonus is that itès good for your skin.
- Cinnamon – research has shown that cinnamon prevents mold growth on food. It also contains strong immune enhancing and cleansing properties.
- Clove – this oil is great for dealing with fungus. Clove contains a powerful antioxidant that can help ward off free radicals and maintain a healthy immune system.
- Tea Tree (Melaleuca) – another very helpful essential oil, research has shown it can be an effective source for naturally treating small mold issues on surfaces and fabrics.
When using these essential oils in your home to fight mold it is best to only use the purest that you can find at your local health food store. Many of the oils today may be mized with other chemicals and even pesticides.
The process is really easy too…
Simply combine 10 drops of any of these essential oil in 8 ounces of water. Apply with a spray bottle or cloth. Let the mixture stay on the area overnight. Scrub the area and spray again, leaving it on for several hours. Wipe the area with the baking soda mixture to finish. And voilà!
Note : It is recommended to dilute the essential oils lightly with some water as some of these can have a potent odor and can be irritating to people with sensitive skin.
Founded in Mont Royal, Quebec in 2011, AxxonLab Inc. is an environmental testing laboratory for regulated substances that specializes in the characterization and quantification of asbestos and mold in the air and in bulk samples.